WHO NEEDS A PASSPORT BOOK?
Anyone traveling outside the borders of the United States by air, land and sea.
WHO NEEDS A PASSPORT CARD?
A passport card is only good for travel to Mexico, the Caribbean and Canada by land or sea. A passport card cannot be used to fly to any location.
TO OBTAIN A PASSPORT BOOK or PASSPORT CARD:
REGULAR SERVICE – Allow 6 to 8 weeks for your passport to arrive
EXPEDITED SERVICE – Allow 3 weeks for your passport to arrive
All applications for children 15 and under require a certified copy of birth certificate (Long form birth certificate).
All applications for children 15 and under require both parent’s signatures.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Complete an Application form – may be obtained from the district clerk’s office or online at the following link: http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html DO NOT SIGN THE FORM – IT MUST BE SIGNED IN THE CLERK’S PRESENCE
2. You will need 2 passport photos, they must meet certain specifications. You can have them taken at Don’s Photography, Bobby’s Photographic Memories or CVS.
3. You will need to bring a certified copy of your birth certificate, with a raised seal; or an original naturalization certificate for Naturalized citizens. An old passport may be used to prove citizenship on adult passports in lieu of a birth certificate.
4. Bring a photo ID – a current Texas Driver’s License or a student identification card.
5. Payment – We accept checks, money orders, cash or credit cards.
The cost of the regular passport for an adult is $135.00 and for a child 15 and under is $105.00.
The cost of the expedited passport for an adult is $229.84 and for a child 15 and under is $199.84.
The cost of the adult passport card is $55.00 and for a child 15 and under is $40.00.
The cost of the expedited passport card is $134.99 and for a child 15 and under is $119.99.
The cost of the regular passport and passport card for an adult is $165.00 and for a child 15 and under is $120.00
The cost of the expedited passport and passport card for an adult is $259.84 and for a child 15 and under is $214.84.
Any further questions, call the Hale County District Clerk’s office at 806-291-5226 or go to the official website – www.travel.state.gov